Tuesday 12 May 2015

Conclusion

Admittedly at the start of this course and experience I was very wary and skeptical of what I had signed up for. Unsure of what innovation was and how it would be useful to me as a teacher back in Northern Ireland. However as the weeks progressed and my understanding and knowledge about innovation grew I began to see the potential and benefits it had for me both as a student and as a teacher. I also really liked how the course was fun, practical and interactive as I believe this is an important element of learning!

Throughout the process I have actively participated in class and discussions and got stuck into every one of the projects. I never missed a day of class and was always striving to work well within every group I was placed in.

I developed so many skills through this process such as communication, empathy, organisation and understanding others's points of view and most importantly creativity! Alongside this I learned many lessons such as creative confidence can be developed (I am living proof of this!), failing shouldn't be seen as failure, it is just part of the learning process, that deadlines are good and that sometimes its better to just get stuck into the doing rather than focusing too much on the thinking and always have in mind your goals so you know why and what you want to achieve and this will help you measure success!

Likewise, I can see the change in myself as I wrote in my first blog entry that I wanted to become more creative and learn different creative methods. Reflecting on this I can certianly see that I have in fact became more creative as I look at the work and ideas I have produced. Likewise I have learned more creative teaching methods both from class and from my own personal research in this area! So it is clear
 I was able to achieve the personal goals I set for myself!


Within every project I strived to do my best. Whilst in schools I interacted well with pupils, getting on board with them and their level (even speaking a little danish to them!)

In the first project I was in the group who came up with the innovative idea to make a project where children themselves could be innovative based around the idea of hygiene and cleanliness. We complied a detailed and structured booklet for teachers of how to implement such a project. Our project was real life, easily implemented and could be used straight away and feedback from teachers and students alike were encouraged and
motivated with our idea and what we produced.


In the second project we adapted our first idea in order to them teach children to be innovative! We interacted well with the children and even got involved and into our theme by coming dressed as scientists in white lab coats to add to the authenticity! It was a fun and interactive day and we wanted to show this to the children we worked with. It was very successful in that the children responded well to us and got actively invovled.






Finally, in the last project I was in the Home group where we had to share innovation with our home university. This was the part which I really enjoyed most and the effort I put into it was very rewarding as we successfully made a handbook, posters, 2 videos and got actual feedback from our university. I am excited that Nicolai also wanted a copy of our work to take and use for the future!







Overall, I  enjoyed the process and I hope that my interaction with the children, involvement  in class, quality of produce of the group projects and blog entries and additional ideas and inspiration I found and added reflects this!


No comments:

Post a Comment